Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Introduction topic

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Patapon
Total posts: 1

Singapore
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:41 am Back to top

Hiya guys,

Was rather surprised when I stumbled upon this forum and glad to see that there are plenty of people out there who share the same love for this beautiful country.

Had visited quite a number of major cities on my past couple of trips and looking forward to heading to more remote areas on my future trips!

Thanks to everyone who made this forum and all the wonderful cataloging possible!

Download Post
kawagoe

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 pm Back to top

Thanks a lot to the people writing those amazing guides! This web site is probably the best tool for serious travelers visiting Japan. Have you ever thought of making a book with all those contributions??

Download Post
Rimo79
Total posts: 6

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:45 am Back to top

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul. I am part of the US Forces stationed in Japan and a huge camper. I also am a boy scout master for a troop in Okinawa. I am trying to plan a week or so long backpacking trek for the boys. I am very interested in the Ishigaki and Iriomote islands to the south. If anyone knows anything that would be useful I am all ears. I wanted to do the cross island trail at Iriomote and some other things, but I am unfamiliar as to what is on ishigaki that we could also do for adventure. I will be checking on this site often for ideas.

Thanks

Download Post
kauwaw

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:40 am Back to top

My name is Kau. This is my fourth year in Japan. Two year in Niigata and close to two years in Tokyo.
Pls let me know if you would like to know anything about these two prefectures.
I will write more about my discoveries later.
Happy to join for this great forum!

Cheers!

Download Post
jamlyt
Total posts: 6

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:44 am Back to top

Hello All,
I am Matty. I have been living in Okinawa for 9 years. I have never spent much time in Japan as I prefer the island style down in the Ryukyus. I have studied the history of the Ryukyus extensively from the jomon age until modern history.
I tend to travel more through the South Pacific and S.E. Asia, but I am trying to broaden myself with some trips to Mainland and China.

Download Post
amai

Belgium
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 pm Back to top

皆さん、こんにちわ、(minasan konnichiwa=hi everybody)

I'm Diane.
I live in Belgium.

I'll visit Japan for the first time in march/april 2010 together with my bf.
We are taking Japanse lessons hoping this will help us enjoy the trip even more.

CU

Download Post
bertrand
Total posts: 2

France
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:00 pm Back to top

Hi everyone,

I'm Bertrand a french 28 years old.
I will travel to Japan in august 2009 for my first time? I don't know nothing about this country nor the language. Sanji already gave me some information by private message but I still need some help to fix details. I hope I will be able to complete the forum after my travel and to contribute giving good tips.
To all, enjoy your travels and thanks for your advices.

Download Post
nekosan
Total posts: 5

France
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 04, 2009 4:23 pm Back to top

Konichiwa everybody!

I'm from France (versailles). I'm a japan addict!
I've already visit Japan twice and went to usual places (Tokyo, Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Tokyo..etc) But also to Yakushima.
I'm going back to Japan in September. I have plan to go to Shiretoko (Hokkaido) and to Iriomote Jima (Okinawa).
Your web site is very interresting and you can find information you usually can't find on the usaul sites.
Thanks a lot.

Download Post
PhilemonArthur

Sweden
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 09, 2009 11:37 pm Back to top

Hi
My names is Jonas and I live in Lund, south Sweden. Me and my girlfriend are going to Japan for the first time in a little more than a month.

Were starting with Kyoto and will then go around in central and western Honshu for about 18 days, finishing with Tokyo för a week.

Download Post
neurodaz

Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 am Back to top

sanji wrote (View Post): › Why not leave some words about you here? So other members will know a little more about you!

A similar topic in French is available here.

Hi My name is Daz. I have visited Japan once before, going to Osaka, Kyoto, Takayama & Tokyo. I loved it so much I am visiting again in late October 2009. I will flying in to Narita and spending most of my time in Tokyo, but am wanting to spend some time in an onsen, perhaps in Nozawa. I thought I may like to visit somewhere quirky on the Sea of Japan coast while I am so close to that side. Hoping for some good suggestions on both suitable onsen and Sea of Japan coast towns to visit.

Download Post
Infoseeker

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:53 am Back to top

Hey, I'm over in the US. Was just curious in catching a little about Japan culture here and there. So hoping to catch some overlooked terms that would seem common sense otherwise. No real immediate plans to go visit there.

Have had a friend that lived in Japan for a year due to his father's job.

Download Post
leeks
Total posts: 4

Singapore
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 pm Back to top

Hi everyone,

I am Lee. Has travelled to Tokyo, Nikko (one nite) and Lake Kawaguchi (day trip) before,
and planning to go tokyo soon (maybe Nov or Dec 09). this time probably will side track to Hakone, Kusatsu and Kawagoe.

Download Post
ChrissB
Total posts: 3

Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 am Back to top

Hello everyone,
I`m Chris. I`m kinda new around here. I love everything related to Asia so recently I started to travel more.
I`ve found your site, so I said to myself why not droping few lines about places I`ve seen.

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 pm Back to top

Welcome to all our new members! We hope you will enjoy reading the guides on this forum. Some of you live in Japan, some others travel a lot in this country: hopefully you will be able to contribute to this web site.

To continue to grow, this forum needs your help: we don't ask for yen or dollars, but we hope for your time! If you know nice places in Japan, why not considering writing a small guide about them? So of you already did Wink and we thank them for that.

Secret Japan has no ads, and no sponsors at all: it is written for you... and by you.

Download Post
zeze
Total posts: 4

Italy
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:16 pm Back to top

[i] Hi my name is Paolo,my passion for knivesmaking bring me make some journey in Japan ,this web site is very interesting i found more information for going to Hokkaido the dastination of this year in end of september 2 weeks and 1 to kanto to Seky shi for the knives festival ,beautiful!!!! ok ciao

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic