Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Introduction topic

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
lho
Total posts: 3

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm Back to top

Hi there,

I found this forum searching for some information on love hotels in Tokyo Embarassed
It seems a great site packed with information, so I too will try to contribute. I just started by adding some love hotels, since this is the reason I arrived here...

Download Post
Celine
Total posts: 2

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 am Back to top

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for quite a while now but i only discovered the message suggesting me to introduce myself in my Inbox today Smile

So here we are, I am Celine, 27 and in Japan since June 2006, working for a Swiss Freight forwarding company.

I have my own blog but I'll try to post some new topics on travelling and restaurants in Tokyo on this forum soon...

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:26 am Back to top

Welcome to our latest members Wink

Celine, feel free to add your blog in our "Links" page (link to that page available on the top menu). We are looking forward for your contributions.

sanji

Download Post
trinity
Total posts: 3

Spain
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:01 pm Back to top

Hello, I am from barcelona, and I've just discovered this wonderful web.

I am planning to travel to Japan this august, so I think I will ask a lot of things about hotels, places to visit,....

Sorry if sometimes I bother you with my questions, but I'm quite excited about this trip.

See you,

Download Post
Elisabet Y
Total posts: 1

Sweden
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:59 pm Back to top

Hello all of you!
My name is Elisabet, living in Stockholm, Sweden. Smile
I, my husband and 3 children (13, 7, and 2) are going to visit Japan for two weeks 21/3-5/4. I have travelled to many places in Japan, but this time we'll rent a car. We are now planning the tour with two good guidebooks, Hiking in Japan (Paul Hunt) and A Guide to Japanese Hot Springs ( Anne Hotta )
We have some experience from trekkking in Annapurna Circuit, Nepal (no children). Here in Sweden we are living in the archepelago and we like very much the seaside and countryside. We are planning a tour of 8 days, starting from Tokyo to Yoshino (2 days small hike at Yoshino yama, and onsen), then 2 days in Nara/Kyoto (I myslef has been there several times before), then we'll drive to the Hida Mountains in Chubu Sangaku Park, to Shinhodaka onsen (2 days short hike, onsen) and finally to Hoshi onsen at the boardeline to Gunma, Niigata and Nagano. (2 days hike, onsen). We have seen on the secret-onsen that these recommended places in the books are ranked very high here. We look for good places of the beaten tracks, but my Japanese relatives thinks this trip is too much...they recommend Nikko, and Edo-land for the children.

we are inspired by Basho's journeys, Óku no hosomichi....

best regards/elisabet

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 pm Back to top

Welcome to our newest members, including Elisabet Y - who just became the 500th person to join Secret Japan!

The two guide books you selected are really good ones, I talked about them in this topic. I really think your itinerary is a great one. Be aware that if you are driving the whole trip, the journey between Tokyo and Yoshino is quite a long one (although mostly on highways). The return via Gifu-ken and Nagano-ken is a fantastic part, visiting Takayama (Gifu-ken) and Kami-Kochi (Nagano-ken, only accessible from late spring - there is a guide on this destination in this forum) is also highly recommended.

Hope you will share your impression on this forum when you return!

Enjoy your trip,

sanji

Download Post
slim

Singapore
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:30 pm Back to top

Hi, I was introduced to this website by a friend and cant wait to read through all the threads to learn more about the land of the rising sun! I have visited various parts of Japan previously and am still very much in love with the people, culture and food. I hope to plan another trip very soon and would love to book the hotels on jalan.net myself. Wish me luck!

Download Post
eggplantlp

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 19, 2008 4:10 pm Back to top

Hi Everyone:
I am June, and although it has been 3 years since I last visited Japan, I am always interested in off-the-beaten-track information for future trips. My family and I especially love going to ryokan with onsen (those with rotenburo are even better!) and eating delicious Japanese foods.

Download Post
hillcat

Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 am Back to top

Hi All,
My name is Tracey and I live in Australia. I have always loved things Japanese. I studied bonsai for 10 years with a lovely lady who was originally from Japan.
Last year my husband and I had our first opportunity to travel to Japan. We loved it, but 10 days was far too short. So we are going back in about 3 weeks time - this time we'll be there for over 3 weeks. I know it still won't be enough - so I'm sure we'll keep going back. Smile

Download Post
benhur

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 pm Back to top

hi, name's benhur..

lived around mainland japan for a bit, am now in okinawa..

am an australian, but was born in malaysia..

good site here for infos n stuff.

(^_^)/

Total posts: 2

St Lucia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:16 pm Back to top

Hello!!
My name is Bei and I am travelling to Japan in March as a Honeymoon!
Thanks for everything!

Download Post
pacconltd

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:41 pm Back to top

Hi! This is Gary. my family and I travel to Japan about 2x a year to visit my mother-in-law. We spend most of the time in Kagoshima but do move about the country from Hokaido to Kyushu. Our favorite pastime is finding new onsen and exploring trails and less-developed areas. Kagoshima has a late number of onsen, some of which are very good. A fiairly new one is on a cliff overlooking the ocean near Kaimon Dake. Another excellent one is in Kagoshima city - tucked away in an industrial area. It is one of the best designed onsen I have been in. If someone tells me how to do it - I will post pictures and comments on onsen on this site.

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:50 am Back to top

pacconltd wrote (View Post): › If someone tells me how to do it - I will post pictures and comments on onsen on this site.

Hi Gary, several ways to do so :

- if your images are already on the internet (blog, personnal web page), you can link them directly using the image icon while posting :

If your images are not on the internet, please reduce their size to a maximum of 800x600 pixels.
- you can either add them as attachment to a message, using the button under the frame where you type your message;

- or perhaps the most convenient, you can use the the picture album, where pictures can be uploaded in the corresponding categories (like Kyushu).

If you have some problem with the procedure, feel free to send me a pm.

sanji

Download Post
frankspurs

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:36 pm Back to top

Hi Sanji, thank you for the warm welcome and sorry it has taken me soooo long to reply since my registration back in May.
My name is Frank, I'm 53, originally from London, England and now living in Greenwich Village NY.
I am a huge fan of Japan since my first visit in 2005, I returned in 2006 and again earlier this year. If anyone is interested they can read my blogs at http://frankspurs.blogspot.com/
I don't think I will have the time to go again in 2009 so I am tentatively planning for the cherry blossoms in 2010.

Download Post
tinou
Mod

Total posts: 64

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:56 pm Back to top

Welcome on board! Very Happy

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic