Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
15 days in japa with 2 teenagers

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
fosteo
Total posts: 2

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 22, 2010 11:40 pm Back to top

Hello to all Japan lovers,
my family and I will be visiting Japan for 15 days this summer. I would to know if this itinary make sens or not? We have seen Tokyo in the past so we only going to spend 2 days at the end in Tokyo.

-Arrival from Canada on July 16th PM at Narita/ sleep over in Narita
-July 17th:leaving for Kyoto -5 nights: day trip to Nara/ Osaka
-July 22nd:leaving for Hiroshima/Miyaji /2 nights
-july 24th: train to Kanawaza (I know it's a long ride but we are willing to loose a day to travel up north)
-July 26th: Takayama and surrounding area for 3 days
-july 29th: Tokyo for 2 days/possible day trip to Kamakura
-july 31th: leaving for Canada:(

any other suggestions are welcome
I guess we will have to buy a rail pass

Sylvie
counting the days....

Download Post
beachhopper
Total posts: 11

Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 23, 2010 4:01 am Back to top

Hi Fosteo
That is certainly a good trip schedule. Be aware that you could save money by fly to Kyoto, then get a Kansai rail pass for the time you spend in Kyoto, Osaka and Mia jima (all accessed by local trains) then get a JR pass for the trip to kanazawa. (JR passes are only available in 7 day or 14 day so when you stay somewhere for 2 nights you loose 2 days of travel) whether you travel or not. The Kansai pass is available for 1 day or 2 day etc.

cheers and have fun

Beachhopper

Download Post
AllYouCanJapan
Total posts: 11

Israel
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm Back to top

You're taking 2 teenagers to Japan and not spending time in Tokyo??? Big mistake!

One night in Kyoto and one night in Hiroshima, a day in Nara or Osaka and the rest in Tokyo - that's pretty much what I would do. Unless these are unconventional teenagers, take them to see youth-central Shibuya, futuristic Odaiba, Akihabara electronic city and the list goes on forever. Are these girls? I'm sure they would love shopping for clothes in UNIQLO and to wander around in the fashion district of Harajuku.

Take a look at my blog (see signature below) for more ideas.

Lived, worked, and traveled in Japan for over a decade combined.
Author of All-You-Can Japan - Getting the Most Bang For Your Yen
Blog: All-You-Can Japan Blog
Download Post
ipolk
Total posts: 5

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 am Back to top

It would be great to be able to roam around and just walk by without minding a lot of things. Though things are probably better of when you are with the people you are close and familiar with, getting to know more of the locals will surely help you find your way around the play and be more successful at it in no time.

Though the bigger challenge would be going up to those who are more familiar with the English language among others.

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic