Forum: Itineraries / Itinéraires Topic: 15 days in japa with 2 teenagers ---------------------------------------- fosteo: Hello to all Japan lovers, my family and I will be visiting Japan for 15 days this summer. I would to know if this itinary make sens or not?We have seen Tokyo in the past so we only going to spend 2 days at the endin Tokyo. -Arrival from Canada on July 16th PM at Narita/ sleep over in Narita -July 17th:leaving for Kyoto -5 nights: day trip to Nara/ Osaka -July 22nd:leaving for Hiroshima/Miyaji /2 nights -july 24th: train to Kanawaza (I know it's a long ride but we are willing to loose a day to travel up north) -July 26th: Takayama and surrounding area for 3 days -july 29th: Tokyo for 2 days/possible day trip to Kamakura -july 31th: leaving for Canada:( any other suggestions are welcome I guess we will have to buy a rail pass Sylvie counting the days.... beachhopper: Hi Fosteo That is certainly a good trip schedule. Be aware that you could save money by fly to Kyoto, then get a Kansai rail pass for the time you spend in Kyoto, Osaka and Mia jima (all accessed by local trains) then get a JR pass for the trip to kanazawa. (JR passes are only available in 7 day or 14 day so when you stay somewhere for 2 nights you loose 2 days of travel) whether you travel or not. The Kansai pass is available for 1 day or 2 day etc. cheers and have fun Beachhopper AllYouCanJapan: You're taking 2 teenagers to Japan and not spending time in Tokyo??? Big mistake! One night in Kyoto and one night in Hiroshima, a day in Nara or Osaka and the rest in Tokyo - that's pretty much what I would do. Unless these are unconventional teenagers, take them to see youth-central Shibuya, futuristic Odaiba, Akihabara electronic city and the list goes on forever. Are these girls? I'm sure they would love shopping for clothes in UNIQLO and to wander around in the fashion district of Harajuku. Take a look at my blog (see signature below) for more ideas. ipolk: It would be great to be able to roam around and just walk by without minding a lot of things.Though things are probably better of when you are with the people you are close and familiar with, getting to know more of the locals will surely help you find your way around the play and be more successful at it in no time. Though the bigger challenge would be going up to those who are more familiar with the English language among others.