Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Recommendation for onsen

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:10 pm Back to top

Hello nikki2403,

How far from those cities are you willing to travel? To help you find a good konyoku (mixed bath), I would suggest you to use this online searching tool on our onsen web site : http://www.secret-japan.com/onsen/search/search.php

You can select "mixed bath" and "display on map" or "display list" to get the result. Each bath is rated following several factors, including a grade called "Modesty": the higher that grade, the more women-friendly the bath is; if you look for a rating or 5 or even 4, you should find something suitable...

If you have some travel time, I would recommend you to check Kurokawa onsen, in Kyushu. Link : http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/kurokawa-onsen-%28kumamoto-ken%29-t601.html . There are amazing mixed baths there, and some of them are really my favorite.

Alternatively, and closer to Tokyo, is located Takaragawa Onsen - http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/takaragawa-onsen-%28gunma-ken%29-t5.html - which is the largest bath in Japan, and is very women-friendly.

Download Post
nikki2403
Total posts: 1

South Africa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:21 pm Back to top

I will be travelling in Japan for a few days and would love to experience traditional onsen.

I am looking for a friendly mixed onsen near Tokyo and Kyoto, where bathing suits are optional (or not allowed). As I am a woman, I'm looking for a female friendly onsen where there will not only be men around.

Last edited by nikki2403 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post
robo_cop
Total posts: 1

Philippines
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 am Back to top

Hi, how about in osaka area are there mixed onsen near the place

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic