Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Ishikawadai restaurants

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
fvz
Total posts: 72

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:21 pm Back to top

Namaste (ナマステ) - Indian Vegetarian

Reviewed by Russell Stodghill

Address - 東京都大田区東雪谷2-26-1
Opening hours - 6 pm to 10 pm (LO)
Telephone - 03-3728-7397

Exit Ishikawadai station.Turn right. Take the first right. At the top of the hill you'll see a small elephant statue. The restaurant is in the basement.

I just happen to live in Ishikawa-dai on the Ikegami line which runs from Gotanda to Kamata. Much to my delight I discovered that my sleepy little hamlet has its own one-man Indian restaurant. The proprietor lived in India for one year. His cooking style is not of the heavy, lunch buffet variety but rather quite a bit lighter. The dishes are based around the pick of the day's vegetables which he buys from local grocers within biking distance. HE EVEN BRINGS IN WATER FROM HIS OWN HAND WELL! If anyone is familiar with the Sunday feasts offered by the Krishnas you'll have a point of reference. There isn't a terrible amount of variety on the menu but this doesn't matter really since I always order the Sabji set. At 1100 this is quite a deal. This set always has curried leaf vegetables and shiitake mushrooms as well as rice and a tortilla-like nan. It also includes a varying vegetable curry. Usually there'll be some kind of pickled onion and he will often bring out pickled eggplant on the side or some extra papadums he's fried up. The owner is extremely nice and friendly. And the restaurant is small, cozy, and funky in the way I like my ethnic restaurants. Please tell him you read Russell's review (I don't think he knows my name actually.) so he knows how much I appreciate his restaurant and kindness.

Internet - homepage3.nifty.com/namastety

Download Post
secret-japan
Admin

Total posts: 107

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:35 pm Back to top

Ishikawadai

N GREEN

Namaste - Indian Vegetarian

Last edited by secret-japan on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic