Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
denkiburo (electrical bath) in Tokyo

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
gottlingbsn
Total posts: 3

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 am Back to top

I have heard about the quasi-mythical electric denkiburo, which was described to be by one veteran as feeling like a slight electrical charge in the water. Where can I find one in Tokyo?

Download Post
Alessandro
Mod

Total posts: 53

Switzerland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:57 am Back to top

Hi, I tried one once, strange feeling.

Here a good website for sento in Tokyo with information about what kind of bath they have. Just click on the map in the region you want to go in tokyo. After just click on the sento.
If there is this icon

(if the picture does not appear, you can find it here : ICON)

It means there is a denkiburo in the sento.

Hope you find one close to where you live.

Here the link : Denki buro map in tokyo

Download Post
gottlingbsn
Total posts: 3

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 am Back to top

Thanks, Alessandro, for the link to the very comprehensive and useful onsen list. Yesterday I went to Fujimi-yu in Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo. I can't recommend this place highly enough. They've got eight different areas including denkiburo, radiation and cold bath, all for only 430 yen. Open 15:30 to 1:00. Directions: From Kasuga station take exit A3, cross over to the right (east) side of the main drag Hakusan-dori. Walk north 10 minutes, at Orinpikku sporting goods store turn right down a smaller street. Fujimi-yu is another two minutes on the right. Look for the hiragana YU on the noren.

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic