Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Roppongi restaurants - Indian food

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
secret-japan
Admin

Total posts: 107

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:11 pm Back to top

Roppongi - Indian food

M GREEN

Moti - Indian *****

R GREEN

Raj Mahal - Indian *****

Download Post
fvz
Total posts: 72

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:14 pm Back to top

Moti - Indian *****
Akasaka, Roppongi & Futakotamagawa

Open every day from 11:30 am to 10 p.m. (last order). Take out available.
Telephones -
Akasaka : 03-3584-3760
Akasaka : 03-3584-6640
Roppongi : 03-3479-1939
Futakotamagawa : 03-3700-6870
Menu - in English and Japanese.
Credit cards - OK.

Moti is a large chain of good restaurants with branches in many convenient locations. The menu is long and varied, food standardized but very good, prices reasonable. I find their sets unbeatable; to give you an idea of what I mean, their 2800 yen (in 1997) Special Thali set comes with a small salad, chutney, three curries, naan, saffron rice, tandoori chicken and chicken tikka. Plus masala chai at the end of the meal. No better stuff in town at that price.

Raj Mahal - Indian *****
in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ginza and Roppongi

Addresses -
Shinjuku : Peace Bldg 5 FL, 3-34-11, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Shibuya : Jow Bldg 5 FL 30-5 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya-ku
Shibuya : Centergai Hakuba Bldg 4 FL, 26-11 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya-ku,
Roppongi : Urban Bldg 4 FL, 7-13-2 Roppongi, Minato-ku
Ginza : Taiyo Bldg 4 FL, 8-8-5, Ginza, Chuo-ku
Menu - in English and Japanese.
Opening Hours - every day from 11:30 am to 10:30 pm.
Credit Cards - OK.

Telephone numbers -
Ginza : 03-5568-8080 (8081)
Shinjuku : 03-5379-2525 (2580)
Shibuya : 03-3770-7677 (7680)
Shibuya : Centergai 03-3780- 6531 (6508)
Roppongi : 03-5411-2525 (2526)

Raj Mahal is a restaurant I don't know very well: I have some very good Indian restaurants much closer to home. Still, over the years, I have visited their Shibuya and Shinjuku branches several times and have always found the food good, even though I wouldn't be able to give you details about it. I feel therefore confident that you will like it, especially the curries, which seem to me better than the meat dishes. Finding it in Shibuya is not very hard. From Hachiko go straight towards Harajuku, take the first to the left, go ahead until the road forks and you see a police box right at the intersection. Raj Mahal is at the fourth or fifth floor of the building to the immediate left of the police box.The Shinjuku branch is meters from My City, on the East side of the station. They have a 1000 yen all-you-can-eat deal every day for lunch.

October 2000 :
Rereading now this review in the light of the meal I had at Raj Mahal yesterday I find I have been much too stingy with my praise: Raj Mahal is an excellent restaurant that offers gorgeous curries you won't find so easily elsewhere together with other rarities like an excellent Bhatura (a wonderful type of fried bread). Explore the menu and you won't be disappointed. And don't forget to get a Ras Malay for dessert.

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic