ETC Charges

#1:  ETC Charges Author: Gosh Dunga

Will someone help me to know regarding the Toll roads charges ? I am using the ETC card and i am aware ETC rates are Yen 1,000 on holidays but want to know it depends upon the time when i get into highway or when i get out from Highway.
If i get into highway on Saturday then get out on Sunday then the charges will be Yen 1,000 but what if i get in highway on Friday and got out on Saturday OR what if i get in on Sunday evening & get out on Monday morning ? Please let me know if anyone is aware of this.

#2:  Re: ETC Charges Author: Alessandro

Hi Gosh,

I move your question to the transportation forum.

If you are able to introduce city name in Japanese, you can use this site to calculate the price with ETC.

Trip price calculator using ETC

The ETC is quite tricky, close to Osaka and close to Tokyo you will not have the reduction and even during week-end you will have to pay more than the 1000 yen.
The company taking care of ETC is NEXCO, the highway company. It is worst to register to their website as you will also have point every time you use ETC and you can use this point for reduction ticket (only in Japanese). You can also have nearly 50% discount if you drive between certain hours, mostly after midnight.

NEXCO - trip cost

Look at this map and I try if no mistake to explain

Map of highway

COLOR

Violet > need to pay, no reduction
Yellow > need to pay, no reduction, inside town
Green > no reduction, proximity of big town (Tokyo, Osaka)
Blue > 1000 yen available during week-end
Red > no fee highway, they do it to increase traffic on those road

Hope this will help, don't hesitate to question more if necessary

#3:  Re: ETC Charges Author: sanji

The following map explains the general rules in detail for the WE :

source : www.driveplaza.com/etc/holiday_daytime_discount/about.html

If I understand properly, apart for the exceptions mentioned by Alessandro around the large cities, provided that you enter or exit on Saturday or Sunday or even that you are on the highway during that period (who stays on the highway from Friday to Monday anyway !)), you get the discount and thus pay a maximum of 1050 yen for the journey.

#4:   Author: Gosh Dunga

Thankyou very much for the reply but the problem is that i don`t know the Kanji`s. Anyway i will try to gather the information with translator from the above given chart & also i think the webpage given by alessandro will definately help me to gather the information i required. Thankyou so very much both of you.