Japan trip Itinerary - 15 days

#1:  Japan trip Itinerary - 15 days Author: lindak

Hi everybody,

we are going to Japan for a 15 day trip this July/August and would need some advice on the itinerary below. Is it feasable and are there perhaps any places that would be more interesting to see? (We definitelly want to visit Kyoto, Nara and Yakushima island - accommodation already booked).

Many thanks,

Lindak

Japan trip itinerary – July/August 2010 (15 days)
Sunday – early evening arrival to Tokyo Narita airport – (hostel in Asakusa)
Monday – Tokyo sightseeing (stay overnight)
Tuesday – Nikko - Chuzendji lake area (stay in Nikko overnight)
Wednesday – Nikko sightseeing, evening back to Tokyo (stay overnight)
Thursday – Tokyo to Kagoshima (stay in Kagoshima overnight)
Friday – jetfoil to Yakushima, bus to Onoaida (stay in campsite)
Saturday – Yakushima hiking + onsen (based in campsite)
Sunday – Yakushima hiking (based in campsite)
Monday – jetfoil to Kagoshima, train to Kyoto (via Fukuoka/Hakata & Osaka) (stay in hostel near JR station)
Tuesday – Kyoto sightseeing (stay in Gion)
Wednesday – Kyoto sightseeing (stay in Gion)
Thursday – train to Nara, sightseeing (stay overnight)
Friday – train to Tokyo (stay in hostel)
Saturday – Tokyo sightseeing/evening fireworks (stay in hostel)
Sunday – Tokyo sightseeing (stay in hostel)
Monday - morning Tokyo to Narita (sightseeing), evening departure from the airport

#2:  Re: Japan trip Itinerary - 15 days Author: AllYouCanJapan

Hey,

I see you are into hiking and camping - that's awesome. I did some hiking on Miyajima island which was beautiful.

My only suggestion regarding your itinerary is that you spend more time in Tokyo. I think one night in Kyoto is enough.
Staying overnight in remote places without too many accommodation options could be expensive, unless you are camping.

Josh

#3:  Re: Japan trip Itinerary - 15 days Author: lindak

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply! In the end we decided to skip Nikko/Chuzedji lake area and go to Hiroshima/Miyajima instead. We are planning to camp on the Yakushima and Miyajima islands, so hopefully it should not bee too expensive as we are on a limited budget.

Lindak

#4:  Re: Japan trip Itinerary - 15 days Author: AllYouCanJapan

Glad to help! Check out my blog for more ideas on Japan travel (http://smartjapantravel.wordpress.com)