Looking for an onsen in Kanda/Akihabara

#1:  Looking for an onsen in Kanda/Akihabara Author: yuvalk

Hello,

Could you please recommend an onsen in Kanda or Akihabara areas?
prefeably close to Akihabara JR station.

Also, does anyone know where is the nearest supermarket
to Akihabara JR ?

Many thanks,
Yuval

#2:   Author: sanji

Sorry not to have replied earlier. I was preparing a new topic on Tokyo Onsen.

You can now check the following new post : http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=661#661

There is a list of onsen in Tokyo. You will see that they are only in limited number. I do not know of any in the Akihabara area, but Laqua is not very far...

sanji

#3:   Author: pierrejacques

Thanks for the list of onsen in Tokyo. It is good to know about these, especially for visitors to our travel community. Are there any which you specifically recommend?

#4:   Author: sanji

pierrejacques wrote (View Post): › Are there any which you specifically recommend?

Frankly: none!

As a matter of fact, if you really are interested by onsen, I strongly would advise you to go out of Tokyo to enjoy a dip in a hot spring. There are destinations that are not too far from the capital and still really interesting: Nikko, Gunma-ken, Izu.

Still, this requires a day-trip, so it might be not attractive for everybody. If you really want to taste an onsen, then probably the Oedo Onsen in Odaiba might be the best choice: easy to access, and with a mixed rotenburo (for your feet only, though)...

sanji