#2:  Re: Yotsuya - Indian food Author: fvz

Little India - Indian
Reviewed by Clare Humphreys

Address - B1F Urban Bldg, Sakasu 17, 1-1-6 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Opening hours - Every day from 11am to 2:30 pm, and from 5:00 to 10:30 pm
Telephone - 03-3354-7216
Menu - In Japanese and English
Credit Cards - Probably not

Not expensive, very good choice of food, and very tasty. Ideal for lovers of very hot curries (something which Tokyo seems to lack) as there is an option to create your own curry, choosing from 3 bases (sag, tomato or korma), several ingredients (chicken, vegetable, prawn, etc) & nominating a strength. It was quite quiet when we visited, but the staff is extremely friendly.

Frank's note : To go to Little India, from Yotsuya station cross the street, walk straight towards Shinjuku past the bookshop and turn left at the DoCoMo shop near the station. Little India was recommended to me by other people, too. It serves Indian champagne, beer and wines.

Some comments from Claus Regge : On the strength of your review, I went to Little India in Yotsuya last night. I can confirm all the good points Clare Humphreys mentions, such as friendly service, nice atmosphere, tasty food, good selection, decent prices. With curries I prefer beer, so I didn't try their wines, but the choice seems quite good; almost perfect, if it weren't for the dessert that my companion ordered. Billed as "cashew nut sherbet," it had a closer resemblance to sawdust suspended in milk, and then frozen. Highly recommended, nevertheless.

web - www.littleindia.jp