Akasaka restaurants - African/Oriental/Turkish food

#1:  Re: Akasaka - African/Oriental/Turkish food Author: fvz

Asena - Turkish *****

Address - B1F Bdg. 5-5-11 Akasaka Dori, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Opening hours - Closed on Sunday. Open from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, except on Saturday, when it's open from 5:00 to pm to 11:00 pm
Telephone - 03-3505-5282
Menu - In Japanese and English
Credit Cards - OK

Asena is an excellent restaurant, and among the best Turkish restaurant I know. The owner happens to be Brazilian, and she apparently decided to open a Turkish restaurant because at the time it was a rarity. It is really difficult to recommend something because all I ate there was excellent. The Turkish pizza is a my favorite. The salads and mixed appetizer plates are very good. Meat dishes in Middle Eastern cuisines tend to leave me sort of indifferent, but it is a matter of taste, I guess, and in any case Asena's versions leave nothing to be desired. In the evening there is an all you can eat deal for 3500 yen which, if not so economically convenient in the end, gives you a chance to taste pretty much everything there is on the menu. Be careful, in any case, because the owner will try to make you get it. On Saturdays there is a belly dancer performing. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

#2:  Akasaka - African/Oriental/Turkish food Author: secret-japan

Akasaka - African/Oriental/Turkish food

A GREEN

Asena - Turkish *****