Introduction topic

#76:  Re: Introduction topic Author: bony

Howdy there !

My name in Vi. I'm planning to go to Japan in September so I'm looking for nice place, accommodations, itineraries etc.

I'm only tripping for 15 days so my steps will certainly be something like :
Tokyo Narita --> straight to Fukuoka for 1 day or 2 (maybe planning a daytrip to Beppu)
Fukuoka --> Osaka, 1 day or 2 (I wonder if it would be interesting to make a stop or 2 like in Kobe or Hiroshima)
Osaka --> Kyoto, 4 or 5 days (when in Kyoto I'm planning a day to Nara)
Kyoto --> Tokyo, less than a week (when in Tokyo I'm planning a day especially for Fujisan and a day trip to Kamakura)

I'm very open to every proposition, ideas, etc. 15 days are pretty short and I know I'll have to come back.
I'm especially looking for nice but not too expensive accommodations that's why if you have some Ryokans to recommend to me, I'd be very pleased - MP - (but I'll speak about it in another topic in the forum)

Hope you're having a wonderful day !
Vi

#77:  Re: Introduction topic Author: hinoki

Mina-san konnichiwa,

As Japan addict I was happy to find secret-japan.com,
travelled from south to north, "Looking for the lost" Japan
and often found it way out or even close to modernism.

My nihon-go is limited, just enough to get me around
so "secret" places, hidden onsen and local nihon ryori
are hard to find in conventional travel guides,
so that's what I hope to find here!

matta ne

#78:  Re: Introduction topic Author: margouyab

Hello i'm french from La Réunion Island but i live now in Montélimar

I'm, like a lot of persons here, a Japan addict

I understand Japanese quite a lot but i don't speak very well

Minna yoroshiku

#79:  Re: Introduction topic Author: graou_hyoga

Hi there.

I've been in Japan for over a year but it will soon be over Sad

anyway, gonna try to give a bit of feedback on good places I've been to.

cheers

#80:   Author: sanji

Greetings to all new members !

Hope to see some of you will join the contributors of this forum, either by writing new guides or by helping to update them. Thanks to our latest member, graou_hyoga, who already started to contribute.

sanji

#81:  Re: Introduction topic Author: marli_jd

Hello, my name is Marli from Australia. My partner and I are planning our third winter trip to Japan for February / March this year - very excited. I stumbled upon this website when looking for alternative accommodation options near the ski resorts (ie - not big western hotels etc). I thought you also might like to check out our trip report from our visit to Japan in 2010 - I think it might be right in line with Secret Japan travellers, go to Off the Leash

This year we will only have four weeks in Japan, but we hope to venture to a few more skiing areas that we havent already explored and go back to a couple of our favourites.

#82:  Re: Introduction topic Author: noclue2

Hi!!!!!

Just moved into the Kyoto prefecture (fukuchiyama, to be exact) and travel quite a bit. I work (in my free time. haha) for a music magazine and thus, travel a lot to attend concerts around Japan (and Taiwan, but that's kind of outside of the topic), so I'll need lots of help figuring out how best to get places and where best to relax, chill, and explore in the time between my real job and concerts.

Please treat me kindly!

~Noclue2

#83:  Re: Introduction topic Author: cbjpn

Hi All
Am an Aussie living in Kansai.
Own and ride a CB1300S, have lots of great roads in store for any visitors up for a run.
Several friends have visited from UK, Spain, Aussie-land etc and all loved the great scenery and all....
Keep smiling Cool

#84:  Re: Introduction topic Author: cbjpn

Hi NoClue2 - you still in Fukuchiyama?
I have stayed in a Hotel there a couple of times whilst touring up North.
Nice place. Enjoyed it.
Next time am coming will give you a yell.

#85:   Author: YokotaBound88

Hello everyone. I arrived in Japan about a year ago and still have 3 more to discover all that I can. Smile Hopefully I'll see great things on my stay here.

#86:  Re: Introduction topic Author: eaststar

Salut

I have been a frequent visitor to Japan for a number of years - ever since in fact my
business students in France said they were bewildered by their Japanese customers/suppliers/. I resolved to
go and find out.

Now living near Hong Kong in mainland China I have plenty of opportunity to go there. My next trip is next week
first to Okinawa then on to Kyushu by boat - the only area of Japan I have not been to.

At my age I like to soak up in the onsen so any suggestions as to particularly good ones in Kyushu - I know there's many - would be welcome. Later I'll post some of my own knowledge and experience about Japan.

Greetings

#87:   Author: bebol

Hello everybody,

I'm a 35 years-old french living in Alsace named Cedric.

as I'm planning a trip to Japan for september of this year, I came here to find some good informations, especially about the Hokkaido area.

So thank you in advance for everything.

#88:  Re: Introduction topic Author: Amano

Greetings to all new members ! Very Happy

Hope you'll find some inspiring travel information here : enjoy ! Wink

#89:  Re: Introduction topic Author: kitkatneko

this site should be Canadian. Il est bilingue!

En tout cas une mine d'information et recits de voyage vraiment interessant. Merci

#90:  Re: Introduction topic Author: Sansi

Hello,

my husband and I are planning a trip to Japan in July and are already very excited.
We hope to find some good information here and we are already looking forward to sharing our experiences with you after our return.

Minna ni yoroshiku!

Sansi from Germany