Introduction topic

#16:   Author: sanji

As a Swiss myself, it is a great pleasure to welcome you on our forum. I see you already visited a bunch of really famous konyoku, including some really isolated ones!

Indeed, Kani-Yu and Hatcho-Yu are really nice onsen. I have never been there in winter, but it must be gorgeous under the snow.

We hope you will participate to the forum: you seem to have traveled a lot off the beaten tracks.

sanji

#17:   Author: suisu

Hello sanji

thanks very much for the warm welcome;

by the way... do you have some site where I can find more information about you and the other guys running this homepage?

When I first found your homepage by inserting keywords like "konyoku" in Google (about 1 1/2 years ago), I found your "secret-japan" site in the linkpage of http://www.sogival.com/japan/.

Are you independent or related to the people running the sogival webpage?

Sice you're also Swiss I would like to know more about you and other staff ... where you come from (Suisse romand?), where you live in Japan (you live there, right?), what job you do etc.

anyway ... nice to join the forum,

a bientôt

suisu

#18:  Re: Introduction topic Author: zenki20842084

hiiii everyone,

thk u sanji...im a malaysian n i hve been to Japan. I love to go Japan again as i hve had a wonderful stay in Japan. I wish to make Japan as my second home...well dont ask me why or how...its the X factor that i love Japan which i cant explain in words.

Well i hope to make some friends here n learn more. Ur experience travelling would be a great deal to those who want to travel to Japan.

thanks to all...

zen

#19:  Please let me introduce myself Author: jocko2

My name is John and I live in Canada, in the Province of Alberta. I will be traveling to Japan in March of 2007. It is a once in a lifetime dream vacation. Ever since I was a little child I have wanted to see a live Sumo Event, so I am going to try and get tickets for the Sumo event in Osaka in March. After that it is my hope to visit out of the way Onsen, and taste all of the local foods Japan has to offer. I will be travelling with a JR pass. Any suggestions or help folks from the forum can offer on where to go and what to do will be greatly appreciated.

#20:   Author: sanji

Hi John,

Welcome on our forum. I am sure you will find plenty of useful information for your travel to Japan here as well as on the onsen database. Especially in March, you probably will get snow if you go to mountain areas, and these are the best conditions to enjoy a great outdoor hot spring. If you have specific questions, please just post them...

sanji

[I just moved your post to the introduction topic]

#21:  Re: Introduction topic Author: Leaps

Hi Everybody,
Found this site by accident and boy am I glad to be here. Just the sort of thing that I enjoy doing. I live in Tokyo, but love to get out and visit the countryside. Looking forward to sharing some adventures.
David

#22:   Author: sanji

Hi Leaps (David),

Welcome here. We are really looking forward to reading your own adventures. I am especially interested by trips around Tokyo, so hope you will participate to our forums.

sanji

#23:   Author: silverlining

Hi, I will be travelling to Japan in June with my husband and two children. It is very exciting as I have always dreamed of visiting Japan, ever since I was a child. I am very daunted about finding our way around, as I don't know any Japanese. This is part of a much longer trip in Asia. I think we will come to Japan for about 10 days or 2 weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to organise our trip. I would like to see places of great beauty, and temples, but also keep our children happy.
sanji wrote (View Post): ›
Why not leave some words about you here? So other members will know a little more about you!

A similar topic in French is available here.

#24:  Re: Introduction topic Author: srithanonchai

Hello Group,

My name is Paul, and I have lived and worked in Japan many years ago. I have not visited in about 15 years, but Okusan and I shall be coming as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I am looking forward to seing some of the changes, but I still much prefer the "old Japan".

We both enjoy visiting Onsen, and we have been checking out your reviews of different Onsen.

#25:  New here Author: klausdorth

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here on this site. How I came here?

Well, I have been living in Japan for the past 16 years, a native German, single (again), enjoying travelling and the outdoors (besides many others). Since I will go motorcycle touring to Hokkaido from 28 July until 9 August I was looking fro some information - guess I found a great URL.

If you want to find out more about me, please check my homepage at: http://virtulanguage.com .

Looking forward to meeting lots of people (not just) here

Klaus

[MOD: moved to the "introduction topic"]

#26:   Author: secret-japan

Welcome to our new members! Thanks for signing up on our forum. Some of you seem to have lived in Japan for a very long time, and might have a lot to tell about travels in Japan. We sure would love to read from you...

As you have probably notice, this web site is not as active as most forums, but we are happy to have new guides on regular basis.

If you have some time, please share your knowledge of Japan with us.

#27:  Re: Introduction topic Author: dzemil

Hi everybody,

My name is Emilie, and with my futur husband, we are preparing our honey moon in Japan. We never went to Japan, but read a lot about it. My cousin has been living there for the past 10 years, and I have been fantasizing about Japan since ... forever Laughing
So, I can't wait to read more about it on the website and the forum, which by the way are just great. Thanks a lot for sharing all that info,

Dzemil

#28:  Re: Introduction topic Author: louise3993

Hello to all,

My name is louise, im living in Okurayama in Kanagawa ken. I have been working in Japan since last November.

As far as destinations off the beaten track go Im still learning my self.
Surprised

#29:  Re: Introduction topic Author: gottlingbsn

Aloha all,

I'm from Honolulu (happy Statehood Day today) and in two weeks will go to Japan for the third time this year. I like bizarre stuff like denkiburo (electric bath), still-moving ika sashimi and the like. But I am frustrated about one thing: after reading about the new Ice Cucumber Pepsi limited summer release, I looked in many many konbini during the end of June-early July period but never saw it for sale. Sad Has anyone tried it??

Mahalo!

#30:   Author: squidly2

Hi everyone!

I'm moving to Japan (Yokohama area) from California next spring. I think I'll be there for a few years. I've visited twice before for work, but never had much of a chance to get off the beaten path. I'm already planning my weekends - can't wait to find some great places to hang out, relax, and enjoy nature.

This is such a friendly and knowledgeable forum - thanks for the replies to my questions already.