Tokushima-ken and Shikoku

#1:  Tokushima-ken and Shikoku Author: slycker

Living on the wonderfully spacious and green Shikoku, I frequently enjoy many outdoor excursions, visits to onsen (yes, we have a few here), and spend countless hours in the great surf. The main problem is that nobody seems to bother cataloging anything on Shikoku!

I, along with others living in the area, have put together a map cataloguing some of the opportunities in and around Tokushima. Enjoy!

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/5540

Favourite destinations and activities that I think are worthy of drawing people to this area of Japan are the Iya Valley (aka, where Alex Kerr found his mojo), the Kaifu beaches (great surfing), and paragliding through the mountains.

#2:  Re: Tokushima-ken and Shikoku Author: sanji

Hi Slycker,

Thanks for the link. It is indeed a very useful introduction to the attractive spots found in Shikoku.

As you said yourself, Shikoku is not very popular among foreign tourists and even foreigners living in Japan. For people in Kanto like me, it is really far away. And many believe, probably wrongly, that other areas in Japan are more attractive.

I hope you will have the opportunity to write some articles on Shikoku for this forum. It is definitively an "off the beaten track destination", and would probably interest a lot readers here...

sanji