----------------------------------- fvz Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 pm Re: Nakano - Japanese Food ----------------------------------- Orenchi - Japanese in Nakano, Takadanobaba, and Ogikubo Addresses - Nakano : 中野区中野5-57-2 Takadanobaba : 新宿区高田馬場1-27-1 Ogikubo : ?? Opening hours - From 5:00 until very late Telephones - Nakano : 03-3388-0822 or 03-3388-3090 Takadanobaba : 03-3209-5939 or 03-3209-2632 Ogikubo : 03-6341-1957 (??) Menu - In Japanese Credit Cards - Yes Until last year I used to live in Nakano, and people at the local branch of Orenchi know me well. I have been several times also to their Takadanobaba branch, but never to the one in Ogikubo. I like the place. They are friendly people, which was particularly important at a time when I was very aware of the fact I am a foreigner here, and acceptance was not taken for granted. The food is reasonably cheap, beer inexhaustible and they keep open until there are customers. Recommended for low brow evenings. Directions - Nakano branch : get out of Nakano station's north exit, turn left, go straight and turn left after 100 meters or so at the first corner you find. Go straight for a couple of minutes and you will see Orenchi's red sign (in Japanese). Takadanobaba branch : walking on the right side of the street from the station towards Waseda, turn right at the first street. After 200 meters you will see Orenchi's red sign (in Japanese).