----------------------------------- fvz Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 pm Re: Sugamo ----------------------------------- Shilingol - Mongolian **** Address - Tokyo-to, Bunkyo-ku, Sengoku 4-11-9 Opening hours - Open every day from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm Telephone - 03-5978-3837 Menu - In Japanese and English Credit Cards - OK I was very curious to eat at Shilingol, because I had never heard of anything like it. Mongolian food! Now I know that, at least to me, it is definitely worth a try, but perhaps not two. It's very simple, unsophisticated fare, mostly mutton and lamb meat. For example, the most representative dish of Mongolian cuisine is apparently boiled lamb in garlic and soy sauce. The guys there play and sing very well Mongolian music, though, which adds to the atmosphere, and their vodka will put hair on your chest. Get out at JR Sugamo station, follow the tracks towards Ikebukuro on the South side till the end of the street (about 200 meters), turn left and walk straight another 200 meters, and you will find Shilingol on the left side of the street at a corner. I include the map printed on their card. I think it is real bad, but perhaps it can be of some use.