----------------------------------- fr333 Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:00 am Re: Hongo & Korakuen ----------------------------------- Aux Délices de Hongo (オ・デリス・ド・本郷, Hongo, Bunkyu-ku) address : 東京都文京区本郷2-40-15 phone : 03-3813-1961 opening hours : 11:30 to 13:30 (LO) and 18:00 to 21:00 (LO) This is the restaurant I personally rate as one of the best among the casual French restaurants in Tokyo. The food is excellent - it seems lots of efforts are spent on it - and large portions are served. The service is nice as well. You will have enough explanations about the food by the waiters. As well as food, the atmosphere is nicely quiet, simple and noble. I always go there for lunch which costs 1800 yen for a menu including amuse bouche, appetizer, main, desert, cafe and sweets. It is definitely a reasonable price. The volume of the lunch makes me guess the dinner should be bigger than my stomach, that’s why I haven’t tried dinner (3900 yen ~) there. Unfortunately I do not remember the wine menu... But I believe it is an address you can be satisfied with, really! There is café & bar downstairs of the restaurant and it has more casual food and also lunch and dinner. My lunch once there was one plate menu that was salad, soup, quiche, bread with desert and cafe, and was 1200 yen. If you feel like having French meal casually, it is also good place. web : www.de-hongo.com