----------------------------------- amunptah777 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 am Quick trip to Ise shrine from China ----------------------------------- Hi folks, Alright, here's my thing; I've been trying for some years to get to Ise. Currently, I'm in Beijing. Now, I might...just might...be able to afford a very quick trip (maybe one or two days) so that I can visit the shrine and pop back to the land of red flags What I would need from somebody is a little advice RE: planning the trip as cheaply as possible (also, some places have a 3 day waiting period for Visa approval...is Japan anything like this?) ...................... Secondly, if this is not possible, I'm willing to even relocate to Japan simply to be able to visit the Ise shrine. That would involve getting an English teaching job (which I have here) and would be absolutely ecstatic if I could be hired by the Shrine to teach the priests. Is anyone even remotely connected to either the Shrine, one of the Shinto colleges thereabouts or even the Mei/ Nara or Tsu local gvts.??? If so, I would be very grateful if that person could pass along some information in this regard. Thanks much, Malaz Beijing