Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Suggestions for onsen in Ise or Mie-ken?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
flyregionaljets
Total posts: 2

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 pm Back to top

Hello to all,

First time post on secret-japan...great website! I am currently traveling in Japan with my family (wife is Nihonjin), like many, we love to
go to onsens. We are looking for a great onsen/ryokan in Ise or somewhere in Mie-ken. We
are in search of the ultimate lobster sashimi/onsen experience (they tell me Ise is known for Lobster)

We went to Fujiyoshi in Shizuoka-ken on the recommendations of this website...I can tell you
that the review was highly accurate...it was a five star experience. We have been to many onsens,
good and bad and Fujiyoshi is one of the best in terms of service, meal quality and number of onsen baths.
I will write a full report on Fujiyoshi on another post.

This website gives great insight for reviews on travel sights in Japan...very in-depth for locals and
frequent visitors. The onsen magazines in Japan offer nice pictures but it is almost impossible to
pick an onsen when you have 10,000 choices. Nice to see a website that cuts through the noise.

Any suggestions on onsens/ryokans in Ise or in Mie-ken is most appreciated.

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 pm Back to top

First of all,

Thanks for your nice words on Secret-Japan. It is really great to see that the information posted here is useful to people traveling around Wink

Fujiyoshi in Shizuoka-ken is indeed a place I found amazing. At least their onsen, as I did not stay there overnight. I am looking forward to reading your report on this ryokan.

For Mie-ken, I can't be very useful for you. I have been there several times, but never soaked in this prefecture. From what I have heard, Mie-ken is not really the best place for onsen in Japan.

There are two onsen town that I heard of in Mie-ken, and those are Nagashima-onsen (長島温泉) and Yunoyama-onsen (湯のは山温泉). As I said, I have not been there... Hopefully someone else will be more useful!

sanji

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic