Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Question about Naoetsu Ferry line to Hokkaido...............

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Bustin
Total posts: 14

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:17 am Back to top

I found a website that gives me prices and info in english, but it isn`t clear. The prices to not specify round trip/one way. Also it gives a higher price to anyone who wants to bring their car on, but does everyone in the car have to pay that 2man, or is it only one person that must pay the extra fee.

Anyone know anything more about these Ferry prices?

Sanji?

p.s. Iriomote was the best trip I have ever been on Sanji, thanks for all the info!

p.p.s. That hike is not easy! But then again, thats why I loved it so much. I just wish I had hiked it with less gear and less weight on my back.

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:41 am Back to top

You can find the list of the lines operated by the ferry company on this page, in Japanese : www.higashinihon-ferry.com/02route/index.html

As you can seen, the route that is interesting you seems not to be operated at the moment.

If you check the older timetable, valid from April to June ( www.higashinihon-ferry.com/02route/muro_naoe.html ), the following prices were given (for 1-way):
2nd class : 8,230 yen
special class : 16,840 yen

I would check carefully if this line is still operated before planning a trip...

sanji

Download Post
Bustin
Total posts: 14

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:49 am Back to top

Ya I heard that about the line. A friend said he saw the same message on their site. Thanks.

Okay, what about that car fee of 2man. How does that work? Does everyone pay the ferry fee, plus an additional 2man for the car one way?

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:35 am Back to top

It seems that the price of the car includes the fee for the driver, but the driver only. Extra passengers pay separately, while driver has to pay an upgrade fee the the "special room"...

sanji

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic