Secret Japan

Go to bottom Home • Forum & Guides • Tokyo Restaurants • Onsen • Album • Links • Search Forums • Rules • FAQ Go to top
Go to bottom Log in • Register • Staff Go to top
Calendar 
Japan Rail pass and subway travel

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
sonrisa
Total posts: 1

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 04, 2007 4:26 pm Back to top

Hi everyone,

Going on holiday to Japan soon – can’t wait!

I’m planning to buy a Japan Rail Pass for my trip and I was wondering if Japanese subway travel is included in this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sonrisa

Download Post
sanji
Mod

Total posts: 715

Japan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 04, 2007 10:42 pm Back to top

Hello Sonrisa, and welcome here.

The JR Railway pass is only valid on the JR lines of the different JR companies. It means that other companies - and the subways - are not covered by this pass...

sanji

Download Post
Alessandro
Mod

Total posts: 53

Switzerland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 05, 2007 3:36 am Back to top

Hi Sonrisa,

perfectly correct answer from Sanji. If you are looking for information about the JR rail pass look at this website : JR rail pass

For Tokyo there are some special tickets, and you can find a list here : Metro ticket in Tokyo

Have a nice holiday in Japan

Download Post
seniorita
Total posts: 1

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 13, 2007 6:12 pm Back to top

Hello,

As far as I understand, the Japan rail pass is not valid on the subway but subway tickets are still very cheap. According to the site http://www.insidejapantours.com/JRP_FAQ.html they cost around £1 per trip, which won’t break the bank when you’ve already bought a Japanese holiday! Wink

Good luck and have a great trip!

seniorta

Download Post

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic