Forum: Tokyo Restaurants Topic: Shibuya restaurants - Japanese food ------------------------------------------- sanji: Kujiraya - Whale restaurant *** Address - 東京都渋谷区道玄坂2-29-22 Telephone - 03-3461-9145 When coming from Shibuya station, take the street on the right at 109 building and the restaurant is 50 meters on the left side of the street. But be prepared for the food served there: when I went there the first time, the waiter greeting me at the entrance apologized and told me that probably I wouldn't enjoy their food as only whale is served... Tempura, sashimi, nabe, steak and many other whale dishes to discover... if you are ready for the adventure. Note that the whale restaurant in Shinjuku is better... En venant de la gare de Shibuya, prenez la rue partant sur la droite au 109, et c'est à 50 mètres sur votre gauche. Exclusivement de la baleine - réflechissez donc avant d'y aller! Quand j'y suis allé la premiere fois, le serveur m'a accueilli à l'entrée, géné, en me disant "sumimasen, cela ne devrait pas convenir, nous ne servons que de la baleine"...Tempura, sashimi, nabe, steak, etc, etc... Très intéressant si vous etes prêts à essayer. Prix raisonnables. Mais un autre restaurant servant de la baleine à Shinjuku était meilleur... web - kujiraya.co.jp secret-japan: Shibuya - Japanese food K RED Kujiraya - Whale restaurant *** T AQUA Tsukushinoko - Sake tasting place S AQUA Sakanatei - Sake tasting place S AQUA Shunju - Sake tasting place secret-japan: Tsukushinoko (つくしのこ, つくしの子) - Sake tasting place Address - 3-1-11 Higashiyama, Meguro-ku Telephone - 03-3791-5495 Opening Hours - closed on Sat, Sun & Hol Cheap, homey, small, warm, pleasant and tastey. Comfort food rather than elegance, amazingly cheap sake. One of the "Top Ten Sake Dining Experiences" in Tokyo, selected by John Gautner Reproduced with permission Sakanatei (酒菜亭) - Sake tasting place Address -4F Koike Bldg, 2-23-15 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku Telephone - 03-3780-1313 Opening Hours - from 17:00 to 2:00; closed on Sun & Hol In Shibuya, up near Tokyu Honten, is cozy, small and popular. Don't be put off by the daunting sign on the door warning customers they are expected to drink sake, not beer or anything else, when here. Big bowls of lovely nibbles sit on the low counter, allowing you to point at what looks scrumptious. Note: this place is popular, so call ahead or be prepared to be (warmly) turned away. One of the "Top Ten Sake Dining Experiences" in Tokyo, selected by John Gautner Reproduced with permission Shunju (春秋) - Sake tasting place Address -2-32-12 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku Telephone - 03-3770-0019 Opening Hours - from 18:00 to 23:30 (L.O. 23:00) A large place, divided into several areas with distinct atmospheres. Try to get a low table onthe 2nd floor. Wonderful, unique food and sake menu, lots of fresh vegetables, fish and tofu. English menu. Moderate to Expensive. web - www.shunju.com/ja/restaurants/bunkamura One of the "Top Ten Sake Dining Experiences" in Tokyo, selected by John Gautner Reproduced with permission